Have you ever had a head cold so bad that made you wonder if you’ll ever be able to breathe out of your nose again?
Now, imagine what it would feel like if your whole body was just as congested as your nose during that dreadful head cold. Sounds terrible,right?
I’ve been there and the more congested my body was, the worse I felt.
I couldn’t go to the bathroom
I felt heavy and dull
I couldn’t sleep
I was SO stressed
Do any of these sound like you? These are all signs of excess stress on your body and lymphatic system.
To discover more about how your nervous system and lymphatic system are connected, I invite you to join me for a FREE online masterclass on April 23 - sign up here!
It’s almost like my body couldn’t cleanse because my lymphatic system was clogged (just like that stuffy nose). Your lymphatic system runs throughout your whole body to clear out all the junk, so when it’s congested, it makes sense that your body can’t cleanse properly, right? Thankfully that all changed when I put on my first castor oil pack.
My body started cleansing naturally with the help of my castor oil pack
Up until then my lymphatic system couldn’t clear anything out so I needed a support
system and that system ended up being the ancient health ritual of castor oil packs. Stay with
For me, my constipation, trouble sleeping and overwhelming stress all piled up on me when I was in my final year of naturopathic school. It got so bad that I felt like I had been poisoned and I couldn’t get myself out of bed. Have you ever felt this way?
You see, because my body was so congested and overcome with stress I didn’t have the energy I needed to get out of my bed. So, after ignoring the suggestion of trying a castor oil pack for years and trying literally everything else, I decided to take a leap of faith and make my very own castor oil liver pack.
I poured castor oil on a really soft organic cotton flannel and placed it on my swollen belly under
my right rib cage (over my liver). Because my lymphatic system was so clogged, there was way
too much stress on my body so it’s almost like my body didn’t know how to relax, but that all
changed with my castor oil pack.
Once I put that castor oil liver pack on, for the first time in my life I felt what relaxed was, felt at peace - it was like my body and lymphatic system reset! Before that I had no idea what relaxed actually felt like. It was as if the skies had opened up above and angels began to sing!
But how does the castor oil liver pack help your body cleanse and de-stress?
Well, studies have shown that castor oil packs help to relieve constipation1 and improve
the smooth muscle function of the digestive tract2, in turn supporting better absorption so you
can have regular healthy bowel movements and release all the excess hormones and toxins.
Isn’t that amazing?
Plus, when you do a castor oil liver pack, the actual compress on your skin helps to:
1. Activate your ‘rest and digest’ state.
2. Promote the production of dopamine3, your ‘feel good’ hormone.
3. Release oxytocin4, your love and connection hormone (kind of like a cozy hug).
For me, the combination of the castor oil working with the soft organic compress was kind of like getting a back massage for the first time. My stomach was relaxing so I could go to the bathroom and cleanse. Plus, I was less stressed and I was even sleeping better!
When your lymphatic system can cleanse, your body lets go of all that excess stress
Now that I was cleansing, I had more energy and I wasn’t congested like I was so used to! My lymphatic system was working the way it should and I knew what it was like to have less stress on my body.
I felt better in every way, kind of like the feeling of being able to breathe and smell through your nose after that head cold heals. Sounds good, right?
With the castor oil pack I’m healthier now at age 42 than I was at 26, because I was used to every part of my body being overwhelmed with stress that I had no idea how life could feel on the other side of that leap of faith.
Plus, when you balance the amount of stress in your body, all other systems start to get better, including your lymphatic system.
That’s why I love what I do and why I’m so happy to be a part of The Lymphatic Rescue Summit, hosted online with Shivan Sarna, Founder of SIBO SOS from April 19-25. I invite you to join me on April 23 for my online masterclass all about how the brain and lymphatic system connect.
We all have a story to tell and I am looking forward to gathering with you (virtually) so that you will know just how impactful the connection between your brain, your stress and your lymphatic system really is.
To discover more about how your nervous system and lymphatic system are connected, I invite
you to join me for a FREE online masterclass on April 23 - sign up here!
Hope to see you there!
1. Arslan GG, Eşer I. An examination of the effect of castor oil packs on constipation in the elderly. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2011 Feb;17(1):58-62. doi: 10.1016/j.ctcp.2010.04.004. Epub 2010 May 18. PMID: 21168117 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21168117
2. Sorin Tunaru,a Till F. Althoff,a Rolf M. Nüsing,b Martin Diener,c and Stefan Offermannsa,d,1 Castor oil induces laxation and uterus contraction via ricinoleic acid activating prostaglandin EP3 receptorsProc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 Jun 5; 109(23): 9179–9184. Published online 2012 May 21. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1201627109PMID: 22615395
3. Francis S, Rolls ET, Bowtell R, McGlone F, O’Doherty J, Browning A, Clare S, Smith E. The representation of pleasant touch in the brain and its relationship with taste and olfactory areas. Neuroreport. 1999 Feb 25;10(3):453-9.PMID: 10208571
4. Walker SC1, Trotter PD2, Swaney WT2, Marshall A3, Mcglone FP4. C-tactile afferents: Cutaneous mediators of oxytocin release during affiliative tactile interactions? Neuropeptides. 2017 Aug;64:27-38. doi: 10.1016/j.npep.2017.01.001. Epub 2017 Jan 19.PMID: 28162847
Disclaimer: I only talk about products that I personally use and love. I may receive a small honorarium for sharing this information with you. Before making any purchase, please check in with your gut, your higher self and your doctor before starting any new health practice. This is not medical advice. This is for educational purposes only.